The Gowns

I had breakfast with Nancer yesterday.  We're both over the top excited about KC's book. Nancer wants an advanced copy, signed, and she wants it STAT.  She also wants to be invited to the premier when the book becomes a movie. "But I am NOT wearing a gown!" Nancer said.  
      "Right.  There's no way I'm wearing a freaking gown,"  I agreed.
      "We're not into that. We are going to be at the premier, but we're not wearing gowns."  
       "You know," I mused, "The movie might premier on HBO or Prime, rather than in theaters."
        Nancer scoffed.  "Lee. There's STILL a red carpet premier when a movie airs on HBO.  And we're going to be right there."

So, we have the makings of a plan. It's going to be hard to wait for the book and the premier, but I guess we have no choice. Big congrats to Kace. Hoorah! 

I hope KC will be okay about the no gown thing. Nancer and I will look great, so put any worries about that completely out of your mind.  

Comments

Mary M. said…
I want an advanced copy and to be part of the premier!! I, too, refuse to wear a gown, but I would if it was mandatory.
LH said…
You're right, MM. It might be mandatory. If so, I may consider wearing a gown, of sorts. Not sure we can get Nancer to come around though.
KC said…
I'm laughing so hard. I cannot guarantee a premiere, but if there is one, I can tell you now that it's okay if you don't wear gowns. What I can guarantee is advance copies. Also, if you want -- and I don't want to impose. -- but I'll come to your book club in B-town.
I'm actually super down to wear a gown, just putting it out here. -RS
Anonymous said…
I'm with Ros. Super down to wear a gown.
jw

Popular Posts