The Movies

When I'm visiting my mom, we watch a lot of movies.  Here's the lowdown on some movies you may also want to view if you feel like it.

Mamma Mia.  You might think this is going to be kind of dumb but then you might be pleasantly surprised.  The movie doesn't take it self very seriously.  The songs are catchy.  And then there's Cher singing Fernando.  SCORE.

On TV we watched Tom Cruise in American Made.  My mom and I agreed that it wasn't your typical Cruise fare, but very watchable.  We also watched Table 19, which was silly, but kind of okay because I always like Anna Kendrick and June Squibb.  We capped it off with The Equalizer, which I've seen about 12 times.  My mom had never seen it.  She said, "I don't usually like movies like this, but Denzel makes it."  So we lucked out with the movies. My dad was cranky and wouldn't watch the movies with us, so that was frustrating, but everyone is entitled to freedom.  Overall, a fun visit down in the deep South.

Comments

bluebirdwoman said…
I heard that Mama Mia was filmed on the island of Vis, Croatia. Yay! Haven't seen it yet.
KC said…
I cannot wait to see Mamma Mia. The first was sublime. I keep trying to get Mac to watch it because he would love it, but he won't watch it.

Popular Posts