The Conference

Photo Credit:  Anastasia Gruper.  Thanks @agruper!
ILA 2018 has come to an end.  I'm still here in Austin.  I was going to venture out to see the bats tonight, but you know what they say.  If you can't stand the heat, stay inside the air conditioning.  So that's what I'm doing.

But that's neither here nor there.  Let's not judge me for making the lesser choice.  Let's focus instead on the conference and my many accomplishments.

The conference has been quite good.  My session went well and that was a big relief. It was delightful  talking about Back and Forth with Katie Wood Ray.  The people at the session were supportive and enthusiastic. Go EDITOR MINDSET!

Other highlights:  I listened to 5 great authors on an LGBTQIA panel. I could have listened to them all day long.  I also heard a funny session about punctuation and bought a hefty book called #Patterns of Power that will help me with teaching about apostrophes this year.  I also spent some time analyzing a poem with a group of peeps. I also talked with some fun people at the Heinemann reception. Also, I went to a 2 hour session on sketch noting and comprehension that was fascinating.  I also heard a set of inspiring keynotes from Cornelius Minor, Aden Gonzalez and Nadia Lopez. (FYI: Those peeps are doing some very cool work).  So, in the end, ILA2018 was all fabulous. But come to find out, the thing is, there's no place like home and I'm ready to get back to my tribe.

Comments

Joy Heffernan said…
Sounds like a wonderful time. As a member of your tribe I look forward to you return home. Love you.
bluebirdwoman said…
Yay! So glad your session went well and it was a good conference. Go editors mind set!!
Mary M. said…
Sounds amazing!
Anonymous said…
Great picture of you doing your important work! Yay.
jw
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts