The Review

Down here at 90Cab, we watch a lot of movies.  I enjoyed If You're Not in the Obit, Eat Breakfast, a film about a few famous nonagenarians living vibrantly.  It was a little hard watching this with my mom and dad.  Ann turns 87 in August and Dan just turned 88.  They're not super active right now.  My mom broke her hip a few weeks ago and can't walk well.  My dad takes Lupe out for a walk every morning, but doesn't do much activity during the day.  I wonder what it was like for them to watch Dick van Dyke dancing around with his 45 year old wife.  I suspect watching the 100 year old woman who runs 5K races dispirited them a bit.  (To be honest, I didn't feel that gal's running was that impressive. It was more like a quick hobble).  (But Kudos to her for getting out there and caring about her physical health).

Some of these vibrant nonagenarians and centurions were a bit arrogant to tell you the truth.  They had no new offerings or tips for active longevity.  Still, I did admire their creative spirits.  You should see this movie if you want to.  Maybe not with your mom, if she's had 2 metal rods put in her hip and needs to sit in a recliner all day long watching movies.  Pick something else for now.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm not sure exercise is all it's cracked up to be.
jw

Popular Posts