The Walk

Heading out to talk to some voters about our district's referendum.  I'm wearing a referendum t-shirt and I have a referendum yard sign up.  Judith is the one who signed up and got all the materials.  She told me about doing this civic duty last night while we were enjoying some beverages and some jazz under the moonlit starry sky at Scenic View.  I said, "Oh, I'll go with you!"  I didn't really think it over, just blurted out that I would join her.  Smart move?  Who can say?

We all know that I'm not big on talking to people I don't know, but probably Judith will do most of the work.  I'll just walk with her, wearing the VOTE YES t-shirt.  My hope for today is that in between houses we can focus on sundry chit chat. Chatting with Judith is a ton of fun.  Maybe I can pass out some flyers about this blog while we're walking the vote.  Multi-task, so to speak.
My biggest hope for this civic outing is that everyone likes the referendum and reassures us that they plan to vote YES.

I'm just not in the mood for negativity today, people, so let's get our act together and support public schools.

Comments

Popular Posts