Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Independent Film Review: Meru

Meru.  It's a film we saw last night about 3 guys climbing a mountain in India.  The mountain is called Meru.  You all know that I climbed Everest when I was 22 without oxygen, but let me tell you, Meru is a whole different kettle of fish.  Husbandman, your thoughts?

Hm: Excellent movie.  Didn't think I would like it but it was quite engrossing.
Lw:  The cinematography was ridiculously striking.  I'm talking over the top.  But here's the thing. As I watched the movie, I could not understand the motivation to climb Meru.
Hm:  It's somewhere between a hobby and a sickness.
Lw:  Do you know that I'm following those 3 men on Instagram right now?
Hm:  Let's just hope you're not following them any further than that because that would be called stalking.
Lw:  The point is, I loved this movie.  I'm giving it a solid 5 on the fist of 5.
Hm:  (holds up four fingers while eating cereal and reading NYT on his laptop).
Lw:  I'm speechless.  4.  For Meru.  Really don't even know how to respond.  The point is.  Everyone should definitely see this movie if they feel like it.

3 comments:

KC said...

Again. Genius.

Matthew Fottler said...

My boyfriend just got home from seeing this movie and loved it! Would highly recommend it.

Sue T said...

Ops, this is Sue, Matthew Fottler's girlfriend. Didn't realize I was posting under his name.