The Begging

Day 3 of the pizza shop basically turned into a play doh fest. Every k was working and it was pretty hard to interject pretending scenarios into the screaming fray. Little Crazy K, order book out, screamed at me repeatedly, "YOU'RE FIRED! GET OUT OF THIS PIZZA SHOP!"
I ignored him for awhile, but he got more and more insistent. I tried to reason with him, but he basically repeated the firing refrain at the top of his lungs, again and again. I sat near him and tried to tell him that I was friendly and that I should work at the pizza shop. I didn't bring up the minor fact that I had basically fronted the whole operation. He pulled out his order book, and wrote YES and NO on it. He crossed out YES and circled NO and held it up in my face. "NO! Get OUT! GET OUT OF HERE NOW," he yelled maniacally.
I looked the kid straight in the eye and whispered, "I really need this job. I have no money. I have kids. I don't know how I'll buy food for them if I get fired. I have nothing. Please let me keep this job. It's all I have."
He stared me down for awhile, but then picked up his marker and wrote YES and NO once more. This time he circled YES and crossed out NO. He held it up and screamed, "YOU HAVE YOUR JOB BACK! YOU CAN STAY!"
"Thanks a lot. I really appreciate this," I whispered back. I think we're on good terms now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How is Ros???!!! Hugs to her, and maybe I will see her. Hope so! Happy Thanksgiving dear friend!!!!
N
Anonymous said…
oh my gawd
kc said…
Wow, those Ks sure have a lot of energy.

I'm pretty glad I don't teach K, I think. It seems tough.
jdoc said…
Things were calmer at Pizza Hut when I worked there. Not much at times, but generally.

Popular Posts