The Movie

Mitz and I headed out for our Sunday night ritual of watching a movie at localtavern.  We're usually the only peeps at the movies, so it's like a private screening.  Everything goes wrong at this place so we weren't surprised when the movie time came and went and we were sitting alone in the room, with no movie in sight.  We tracked down our waitress who called a guy named Crowbar and asked why he wasn't there to show the film. He had forgotten about his job as a projectionist and he told the waitress he would be there asap. Waitress asked if he would talk her through the procedure, but he said he was hopping on his bike at that very moment and would be at local tavern within 5 minutes. Waitress tried anyway to get the film going and when Crowbar got there he was none too happy about how she had moved the projector and messed up the focus.  "You never should touch this," he told her, acting all high and mighty. After more waiting, he turned to us and said, "I'm really sorry about this."  

"It's okay, Crowbar," I told him, but to tell you the truth I was feeling quite a bit annoyed about the whole situation.  Blue Velvet is a great movie, so once we finally got the show going, my mood improved considerably.  If you haven't seen this one in awhile, you might want to check it out yet again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Crowbar???

D/
LH said…
Yes, Crowbar. I was going to give him a pseudonym, but I didn't.
Anonymous said…
hey darling,
thanks for the package. Clearly, there's a mushroom and dried tomato pizza in my future. I'll try to post photos.
Love,
Bob
LH said…
Yes, please do. I can't wait to travel west again to get a pizza in real life. Who knows when it will happen???

Popular Posts