The Pigs

I was really looking forward to seeing the guinea pigs at the zoo but when I got to the petting zoo, their enclosure was empty.  I approached a zoo worker and she was not forthcoming.
Me:  What happened to the guinea pigs?
She:  They're gone.
Me:  But what happened to them?
She:  They died off.
Me:  And you decided not to get any more?
She:  Right.
Me:  Why not?  I loved seeing the guinea pigs.
She:  That wasn't a good enclosure for them.
Me:  Really?  They seemed so happy.
She:  No, it wasn't.  

Alrighty then, thanks for the info.  Geez, way to interact with the public, zoo worker.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
you told me to leave a comment
-quinn
Anonymous said…
Sucks.

Love,
R.
Anonymous said…
I think the gp died in the fire. And then like a lot of people the zoo decided not to get another. Let's just be honest.
jw
Julie Anna said…
There was a fire at the zoo? Shame about the piggies. Love the picture of the elephant in my yard...didn't think anyone would notice him. When we tore down the kiddo play structure after 17 years (it's actually being rebuilt in a friend's yard), I found the elephant in the old sandbox area, along with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure. I felt very sentimental about both and felt that elephant needed to live in the garden. Glad you blogged him.
LH said…
Thanks, Q. So much.
I know, R. It sucks doubly because I wanted to see 2 animals at the zoo: 1. polar bears and 2. guinea pigs. Both were gone.
JW...I didn't hear about a fire. But maybe you're on to something because that so called conversation i had with zoo worker was on the shady side.
jt, your backyard is a wonderland. i got some great fotos while you were in the tetons.
Anonymous said…
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2007/11/11/Indianapolis_Zoo_loses_animals_to_fire/UPI-52541194815060/

Zoo officials said the fire, which began in an area where animals for special programs are held, created so much smoke that several of the facility's smaller residents succumbed, The Indianapolis Star reported Sunday.

jw
LH said…
Good job, zoo. You were doing a great job taking care of the guinea pigs!!!

Popular Posts