The Wishes

I've had some problems lately. I won't get into all the gory details. I am going to work on my dissertation defense presentation today. This is a statement I've uttered or written many times in the past 2 weeks, but now it's time to get down to brass tacks. I wish I had a new outfit to wear for the defense. I wish I hadn't gained weight this year. I also wish that everyone would love my dissertation so much and praise it highly and critique it not at all.
On a good note, we want to invite everyone in the world to our home this coming Friday (4:30 to 7?) for a celebratory Friday on the Deck. I'll be done with the defense one way or the other and it's Birthday Eve for TeenDaughter and we have a half day at school, so I have to take advantage of that. Come one, come all. Eat cake. Call me doctor, maybe. At the very least, cheerful chatting and winning wines will be on the menu.

Comments

Undomestic said…
Wow! You must have a big deck to invite so many people. You'll do great this week!
Julie Anna said…
I will be there with bells on! Best of luck on the defense on Wednesday. What could they possibly find to critique...you rock this stuff!
Anonymous said…
Hey, I picked a good day to look at your Blog! I'd love to help you celebrate the finishing of your defense! I hope I didn't worry you at all yesterday when I temporarily lost our boys. Best of luck on Wednesday! I'll send only good thoughts your way!
LH said…
thanks, loves. I don't know why things always take longer than you think they will. my power point is about a million slides long and I have to wrap up this talk in 30 minutes. tomorrow night will be condenser night i suppose.
Anonymous said…
Sisterwoman,

You do rock!! I have been practicing saying "Doctor Heffernan" for quite a while now. Test me!!

I love you darling, well done you!!

Joy

Popular Posts