The Point

I worked on my power point for a few days, but in the end, I decided a set of photographs would be the best way to present the info. I have one from this limestone walk series for each chapter, and then notes I'll talk about. It's only 30 minutes, so I don't want to be blathering on over slides covered with bulleted points. I'll just put the fotos up and...blather on about bulleted points no one can see? It could be a mistake, but let's see how it goes.
Today I told the kiddos that I would be gone tomorrow for my big test. I told them that I was very nervous and one kid said, "If you fail, will they not let you be our teacher anymore?" He didn't seem too emotional about it one way or the other, but I reassured him that he was stuck with me. I'm not super prepared for the defense talk, but I figure adrenaline will kick in and get me through. 1:30 tomorrow, let's send some positive thoughts this way. Many thanks.

Comments

Undomestic said…
You will do awesome! I'm sure of it!!!!
Anonymous said…
I'm starting the vibes now and they'll come steady until after the defense. Then I'm sending celebratory vibes through the rest of the week and wishing I could be on the patio Friday for a celebratory glass of wine.
Anonymous said…
You're going to do great, Lee! I'm sure you're going to amaze yourself with how much you know about your research. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
Anonymous said…
Congrats!!!!! Now there are two doctors in the house!!!! We are sooooooo proud of you! Celebrate and be merry!!!!!
N,K,G,E
LH said…
Celebrate good times, come on!
Let's celebrate!!!

I'm done, the defense went LONG, but it went well. I'm happy to say I passed and I don't have to revise my paper, so that makes me really happy.
I'm having some wine, and just being so excited ...to be done. And singing a few songs too!
Anonymous said…
I am so happy! Congratulations to you. :)
Anonymous said…
I keep coming back to see whether you have posted, like, a celebratory post. Are you too busy celebrating to post that post?
LH said…
I've been doing parent teacher conferences since the defense. Celebratory defense posting coming soon. Happy Friday!
Julie Anna said…
YEAH!!!! Congrats, girlfriend, although I'm chiming in a bit late having been bogged down in work this week. I'm so thrilled for you! See you this very afternoon for celebratory glass-o-wine.
Anonymous said…
parent-teacher conferences is no way to celebrate. i hope the party really starts this weekend.
Anonymous said…
WOW!!!!!!!! Congrats to you Lee Dawg, happy B-day to Teen-Daughter and hope the Friday affair was FUN...FUN....FUN!! WE LOVE YOU!

Popular Posts