The Lake



I talk about a book each day and today as I was yakking about one, I found within the pages of the book-talk-book an old photo of me and my pal Mary when we were long ago on Stow Lake. I put the pic on the presenter so that it projected to one and all.

"Look at this cool foto," said I.

Sixers laughed and hemmed and hawed.

"What's that in your hand? Is that an action figure?" a sixer asked.

"Yes, he's from the movie Dune," I told them. "I used to take him everywhere."

"What GRADE were you in?" asked another sixer.

"I was in college," I answered. The sixers looked at each other and did some eyebrow raising. The photo made the rounds of the classroom a few times and as I was moving on to the etymology of the word "ludicrous," one sixer said, "I like how you look now better."

I thought that was nice Because Mary and I looked quite pleasant indeed in that foto.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Come on...where's the picture??? We want to see it to you know!
N
Anonymous said…
I have that very same photo taped to a cupboard door in my bedroom and look at it often. I'm going to cast my vote with the sixers; I think we look better now too.

And let's not forget that husbandman was rowing that boat -- and apparently also taking the photo.

Bob and I rent a paddleboat on that same lake as often as we can manage. We take along a picnic -- including a bottle of champagne -- and quietly observe the turtles and chase the ducks. A glorious way to pass an afternoon. I highly recommend it.
Anonymous said…
I like how you look now. And Ros looks great as well. Right now those tights are buy one get another free at Macey's.
jw
KC said…
I am psyched about Ros's outfit. She is rocking that current leggings/dress trend. My MIL and I were just talking about how much we like that.

Popular Posts