The Haddon


Mark Haddon's book filled up my first day of spring break. I haven't finished a book in 3 centuries, so I'm pleased with myself and with him. Spot of Bother. You may want to add it to your to do list. Now I'm on to the Calamity of Physics, thanks to Sister Woman and Kate who have been sending me good books to read. We've decided to open up the deck this Friday. So please come on over around 4 or so and have some bevvies and some snacks. Husbandman reports that there is no way the tree debris from the ice storms can be removed by Friday, so please ignore the wreckage. And the broken birdfeeder because of the stupid squirrel that jumped on it too many times. Just don't look around too much, okay.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you kidding? The stick pile is as impressive as sealing wax! This will be the attraction that brings neighbors from blocks around to our fine Friday fete. Children will build fine forts! Artists will analyze the formation! You should be worrying about Friday on the deck AFTER the sticks are removed.

-TD

P.S. I fixed the birdfeeder.
P.P.S. Marion, if you're reading this- if you have time to make the whipped cream fruit topped sugar cookies, I'll drive Dave and Q to soccer practice everyday once I can drive.
Julie Anna said…
I'll be there with bells on! (And clothes...we don't want to scare the children.)
Anonymous said…
stick piles are impressive.
jw
Anonymous said…
TD,

Take plenty of "Sticks in thier natural suburban habitat" pictures for me. Oh and get Marion to send me some of those cookies.

Love you guys,

Joy

Popular Posts