The Break


I get addled the week before a vacation. The hyperactivity of the sixers and cincos makes me nervous. All day I struggle to maintain a pleasant tone as I urge students to focus on learning. "Please stop standing on that table." "Please don't hurl your backpack into his face, that could hurt." "Please remove the "Danger Zone" sign you've taped to my classroom door." "Please try to stop screaming out the number of minutes until the bell rings while we're discussing an Alfie Kohn article. I find it distracting."
I want to keep everyone alive and reasonably happy until spring break comes, but it's a challenge. One more day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I imagine it's official by now----I KNOW you'll enjoy your break .... what's in your glass right this very minute?--3 more weeks for me but at least today's Friday-yahoo
KC said…
congrats -- you made it.
LH said…
Yay, I'm on spring break! I'm heading out the door for a leisurely stroll. the sun is shinging. birds at my bird feeder:
woodpecker, wren, nuthatch, cardinal. tralala.

Popular Posts