La Parapluie

We spent the weekend here at Etretat, storming the shores of Normandy. It's quite beautiful up there and we spent the first day hiking on these cliffs and laying around on the rocky beaches, eating bread and cheese. Teen Daughter swam and we watched. Our second day was rainy so we headed to ruins in Jumieges which were stunning and then we toured some way old churches in Rouen. We only had one umbrella, which I claimed as my own. Unfortunately, #1 son kept taking it from me and doing Gene Kelly imitations. So I found that frustrating. And I continously asked him to either use the umbrella as rain protection or return it to me.
Tomorrow we're off to Lyon where Husbandman will work and we will play.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad to hear via email! Another stunning photo, I must say. Quinn continues to crack me up from abroad through your stories! Thanks for the update! ER misses Q and is driving me crazy! He must return to pool-it with him soon!
N
Anonymous said…
Gosh. France seems like such a dull place . . . kidding of course. Must save up my miles.
KC said…
France seems awesome. I will join jdoc in a trip someday...
cmrsnowflake said…
hi lee. lewis and daddy will be in paris tue night on the rue st. denis, at this phone: 14221 (0067 or 0073). one never can tell, but mommy thought lewis might be tickled to learn that you are also in town (or freaked out). i'll leave it to your discretion. he is known as zack on this trip, fyi.

we 3 are chuckling with vicarious gaiety and sighing with politely repressed envy at your blog. keep that vacation rocking!
Anonymous said…
Gene Kelly just wishes he had Quinn's moves!!!!

I would have been in the surf with you ros!!

love you guys,

joy
LH said…
hi dolls
we're inlyon
v. beautiful but superhot
we'vehad to have refreshments half hourly.
qndthe internet cafe is stifling
and the keyboards are funky:

Popular Posts