Le Mer



Top of the Eiffel Tower this morning. That is a good way to start your day. Then we ate sandwiches and crepes in the Tuileries and then we went to Jeu de Paume for a Cindy Sherman retrospective. The line for the Orangerie was wicked long and I was almost glad. Speaking of long lines, there's a new museum in town that just opened today called Musee De Quai Branley. There was a 2 hour wait to get in so I hope to slip in some time next week. The building is tres tres cool. Poor husbandman had to work in the math compound. Tomorrow we'll head out to Normandie for a few days at the sea.

Comments

LH said…
maybe it's La Mer?
I'm bad with my articles and I'm about to get booted from this terminal.
Quel domage.
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you're packing a lot in every day! Tu est tres intelligente! I love these pictures! When will we see the ones that Quinn took of himself? :)
Anonymous said…
But what about the sewage museum? Why don't you write on your visit there?
Anonymous said…
It does sound like you are having a ton-o-fun!!!!!! We miss you guys!
N
Anonymous said…
ah.. the Paris Sewer Museum: one of my favorites. You go to some non-descript intersection near the Sein, walk though a metal door in a little kiosk, down a spiral staircase, and, viola! You are in the sewer museum. Quite the technological marvel, really. (Even Mary agrees) I won't spoil the end of the tour (like that's possible) but I will say that you should linger over the various exhibits about the modern history of the system.

Musée des Egouts de Paris (Museum of the Sewers of Paris); Pont de l'Alma (Place de la Resistance); facing 93 Quai d'Orsay, 75007 Paris; Closed Thursdays and Fridays; Admission 25 FF (in 1997)

http://www.paris.org/Kiosque/mar97/egouts.html

Bob
LH said…
M, pix will be blogged from stateside. Q has taken some really high quality photos, as you can imagine.

Anon, I'm SO GLAD you reminded me about the sewage museum. I keep forgetting your recommendation! It's on the list, mon ami!

Miss you too nancer,
thanks for the info, monsieur bob.

le temp for vin? Oui.

Popular Posts