I took this fantastic picture of friend's boy child. I tried not to spoil balloon pleasure, but balloons make me nervous and I kept bringing up possible problems. "Hope it doesn't fly off, we won't be able to catch it." "Hope it doesn't pop in his face. That could freak him out." I'm especially nervous with kiddos right now because husbandman is away in a foreign land. And I'm responsible for keeping everyone alive til next week. My own offspring left balloon boy and the adults behind to enjoy Friday's Fair on their own. We walked to Savvy Mom's house and for 15 minutes, all was good. Then I began perseverating on possible problems, "Hope they don't get lost." "Hope they stick together." Friends pointed out that the social and the house were one block from the other, but I was edgy anyway. Offspring arrived safely soon after and I could relax with both of them in plain sight.  Posted by Hello

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had no idea you were suffering so!

Next time, I shall be more attuned to your anxiety. :)
LH said…
Don't indulge my dark side!!

Happily, I can usually balance anxiety with attention to the delights of the present moment. Is this not an awesome photograph???
Anonymous said…
Great shot! What a happy boy. I may be able to handle a child some day.

Dear lord! Can't believe I just said that!
Anonymous said…
i DO like the photo. kudos to the ar-teest!

jdoc -- babies are swell, but also maddening. i recommend daycare to offset that latter, troublesome trait.
Anonymous said…
One more message for jdoc (forgive me for hijacking the comments, lh -- really, you should be happy, as I'm just padding your stats): It's really not fair of you to enjoy our blogs without providing similar entertainment for others.

Please set a date for your Blog Birth. Pronto. (I mean now, not "Pronto Pup.")
Anonymous said…
What a PRECIOUS angel!! If I could be assured that my offspring would appear that healthy and happy at ALL times and I had only balloons to fret about, I'd CONSIDER .....letting B. have the child!*!*
LH said…
I guess there are no guarantees. I had no idea 11 years ago that I'd be arguing at great length about whether a cucumber is a zucchini in a crowded produce dept with a smug condescending child who would not be convinced.
Anonymous said…
Maybe you argue over produce, but I think both of your kids are fab. V. funny and v. interesting.

Further, they sat at the table with us for HOURS engaging in conversation and laughing at our jokes.

Long live, Q and R!!!
LH said…
They thought everyone was very funny. But now they have new tricks up their sleeves. Whenever I've made a comment this weekend like, "You should take a bath," I get the response, "YOU should." Really nice.
Anonymous said…
forshneazil wutang
Anonymous said…
O.D.B rocks da hous _max
Anonymous said…
t("t)
LH said…
Are you all having free time at school today? 3 more days til summer. Yay. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts