Crossing Downing Street

Yesterday Shakespeare’s Sister live blogged the Downing Street Minutes hearing. I was grateful because I came home ready to unpack boxes and watch the hearings on C-SPAN 3, but come to find out (quaint Midwestern expression) I don’t get C-SPAN 3 on my new cable package. And our new computer cable configuration has messed up the sound on the computer so now there is no sound.

So I read along. The speakers were direct and clearly outlined the need for further inquiry into the DSM. I was moved and inspired by the mom who spoke. She lost her son in Iraq and called out Bush for his idiotic claims that loving the families of those who have died in Iraq is the “hardest” part of his job. We’re supposed to feel sorry for him? Forget it pal. After the hearings, Rep. Conyers walked the petition (with our signatures) over to the White House, but they didn’t let him in. Surprise Surprise.

Who knows what will come next? I’m relieved that the hearings happened and that the story seems to be getting more coverage. On NPR this morning, I heard a snippet of tape recorded yesterday in the Senate. Senators were debating Guatanamo abuses. Doors are opening slightly? Crossing my fingers.

Comments

jdoc said…
Savvy Mom and I are hanging out this afternoon. We miss you. Shef says, "Sup?"
LH said…
I miss you 2 too. And mr. Shef of course. I love that kid!
I'm on my way over to a deck party with pals. Peter made a fruit salad. I will take some fotos. Happy weekend to you 2. Maybe we should write a grant that allows travel to this town?
Anonymous said…
Please never use the phrase "come to find out" again. Ever!!
jw
LH said…
Come to find out, it really annoys some people.
Anonymous said…
grrrrrr....
jw

Popular Posts