The Question



Why haven't I blogged lately? It's the question on everyone's mind right now.  Life got busy with parent teacher conferences and report cards and finishing up a paper and having a gum tissue graft. And I started wondering... do I really have anything to say that's readable?  So in addition to all the busy tasks, I've been a bit plagued by self doubt to tell you the honest truth.  But now things are slowing down and I'm pulling my act together.  I have today off to recover from the aforesaid gum tissue graft. Not exactly feeling up to snuff, but so far I haven't experienced what friends have endured with this procedure, which involved days of staunching blood flows with gauze and wet teabags. So please everyone cross their fingers that the blood stays in my veins where it belongs and my gums continue to mend.

I'm happy today because a Democrat won the governor gig in Kentucky.  I love when DT comes into town to rally the base and people say, No thanks. It brings me a lot of glee, to tell you the truth.  

I also want to tell you about a movie we saw called Honeyland.  It's about the last beekeeper in Macedonia.  It's sad because she lives with her dying mom in a deserted village.  Then a family moves in and causes chaos, disrespecting the land and the bees.  So I won't tell you how it ends, but I will tell you I wept silently all the way to the parking lot and throughout the drive home. Husbandman didn't cry at all and was somewhat surprised by my reaction, but did find the movie, "desolate" so in a way he agreed with me.  If you feel like seeing it you should. Especially if you care about the earth and elderly people.

Comments

cb said…
It makes me happy to see this excellent post. But I am sorry to hear about the gum tissue graft. Wishing you a swift recovery. xo cb
LH said…
Thanks for always popping in, Cynthia.
The gum tissue graft hasn't been too bad. Don't recommend it, but I'm basically doing AOK.

Julie said…
Glad you are back on the blog! Sorry about the gum graft. After having lived through the wisdom teeth extraction from hell, I am very sympathetic to anyone having anything done inside their mouth. It's tender in there.
LH said…
Thanks, Julie. Now I have a bunch of strings hanging from the roof of my mouth, which I actually find quite annoying.

Popular Posts