The Purse Hooks

This is ALittleLeeway reporting from an Airbnb somewhere in the great city of Oakland.  #1 Son has arrived, but I've not seen him yet.  We arrived to bedlam at Oakland Airport last night, where a power outage stranded thousands of passengers in darkened terminals, standing in long lines that never moved. TV cameras were there, recording the misery of the holiday travelers who weren't going anywhere.  #1 posted a screenshot of his plane route, which was nearly to Oakland, u-turning to Las Vegas.  We left and headed out for pizza with 20 Something.  Later, Husbandman returned to OAK and got him.  He's in another room sleeping.  I'm re-experiencing that little kid xmas morning feeling when you have to wait to open the presents.  So close, and yet, so far.

Here's something I learned yesterday.  We met 20Something and College Chums at a bar in Berkeley before our Airport Debacle. This place had small hooks installed below the bar where purses, umbrellas and coats could be hung, close by yet out of the way.  College Chums report that all bars have these purse hooks. I wonder why no one thought to tell me about this convenience.  Happy for the new information.  Yet somewhat dolorous about the years of comfort lost.  I plan to pass the word to everyone I know and I suggest you do the same. Let's help others.

Signing off from rainy California.

Comments

mm said…
I bet now that you know, you'll see them everywhere. I always check! Where are the hand turkeys?
Julie said…
I've seen these hooks in a few places, but not nearly enough places. They should be ubiquitous. There is such a thing as a purse hook that travels with you...let me see if I can find a link. They were big maybe 10 years ago. Here is one: https://www.thingsremembered.com/purse-hook/product/704814?rmsrc=1&fcref=gglp:paidsearch_nb&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI94r0v5Oa5gIVh7zACh0YiAgIEAAYASAAEgJ6bvD_BwE#

Popular Posts