My Favorite Movie

Even though the weather outside was delightful yesterday, Husbandman and I decided to watch movies all afternoon.  I also worked on a hat I'm making using a knitting loom. I'm thinking of giving it to Husbandman who is turning 60 in a few weeks, but I might keep it for myself.

We saw two movies.  One was called Hello Privilege, It's Me.  Chelsea. It's a documentary about white privilege and was interesting, if a little depressing. You should see it if you want to. My least favorite part of that movie was when Chelsea talked to a group of Republican women in LA.  Those gals need to up their game.

My favorite movie I saw yesterday was Stories We Tell,  a documentary about Sarah Polley's family and some surprises that turn up as she's researching her patrilineage.  I found Polley's tale captivating every step of the way. After I watched it, I crammed for the Sarah Polley Pop Quiz, which someone could spring on me at any time. I read various web pages for an hour or two.  I know quite a bit now. You should definitely watch this movie if you feel like it.  Sarah Polley did a fine job.

Comments

cb said…
Lovey Sunday post. Thank you.

Sarah Polley films are so good. Watching Away From Her led me to Stories We Tell and Take This Waltz. I don't know how I would do on the quiz, though.

Canadian talent seems endless.
LH said…
Hey Love, I haven't seen Away from Her, but I loved Take this Waltz.
Away from Her is super sad, right? I don't know if I can handle that right now.

I agree about those friendly Canadians. They know what they're doing.

ps We miss you over here in Hoosier Land. It's finally nice and cool.
cb said…
Away from Her is super sad but it's based on an Alice Munro story so I had to see it. It's also super good. Righteous anger is in the mix too.

Wish I was in B-town with you all. We could go for a walk.

xoxo
cb
LH said…
I wish you were too. A walk with a conversation would be just the ticket.
Julie said…
Sounds like a good SUnday and much like mine. I did get the dog out for a couple of walks, but otherwise watched netflix and crocheted dishcloths, just because I had all of this cotton yarn and figured I might as well get some use out of it. I watched all of Fleabag on Amazon Prime. If you haven't seen it, I think you'd like it.
mm said…
I want to watch that documentary, Hello, Privilege it's me. Chelsea.

Popular Posts