The Break

Yesterday was the first day of summer break.  I went to the Y, had lunch with Husbandman, walked with Judith and Patsy the Dog, finished a great book and went out to dinner to discuss The Perfect Nanny with my book club.

It was probably the best day of my life, if you want to know the honest truth.

I'm going to repeat all this stuff today and maybe spend some time reflecting on what went right this year.

My goal this summer is to have no goals, to live in the present moment and follow Pema Chodron's advice to befriend who I am right now.  Also, I plan to see a bunch of action films.

Saw John Wick 3 last weekend and quite enjoyed it.

Comments

cb said…
Happy summer to you, dear friend. Your plan is very good. Meet yourself where you are now. (Someone said a version of that to me recently. I am modifying it as needed.)

Yesterday, I saw several lizards and three different types of butterflies in Tilden Park. On the drive back home I stopped as a doe and two fawns crossed the road. I finished the excellent book "Florida" and watched two episodes of "Dead to Me." I also spent some time humming "I Was Made For Sunny Days" by the Weepies. So, it was a good day.

xo
cb
LH said…
Cynthia,

There was a deer with a very small baby fawn in the backyard 2 nights ago. Probably born very recently. Then last night I had a dream that I was sitting in the backyard and the fawn jumped out from behind a bush right into my arms. It was quite a thrill of a dream.

Sounds to me like you also had probably the best day of your life yesterday.

I've been wanting to read Florida. Thanks for the recommendation.

You always know all the cool music. I will check out the Weepies and their sunny song.

Right now I'm at Runcible Spoon, John's old haunt. Turns out today is probably even better than yesterday. Love 2 U, Dear Friend.
mm said…
I'm ready for break!!!
KC said…
Did you watch Always Be My Maybe on Netflix? I'm a little obsessed and there's a John Wick connection.

Popular Posts