The Tumult

Yesterday was Carnival Night at school. I had a shift at the Bouncy House, but come to find out, the Bouncy House collapsed before I got to my shift.  FYI:  No one was hurt.

I heard about the collapse and joyfully headed to my car.  But here's the thing.  There was also a Bouncy Slide, and I guess I should have been there for that.  I got a text from a colleague asking me if I was skipping my shift, and basically, since I was already home having an adult beverage, the only answer I could give was "Yes."

It felt a little bad to skip my carnival shift.  I actually enjoy doing jobs at Carnival, but I don't really enjoy walking around chatting to people all that much.  Everyone is great, but mostly the only thing I can think to talk about is how I'd rather not be at Carnival if I could possibly avoid it. A lot of parents are right there with me with this line of talk, but still, it's probably better to be positive.

The good news is that next year I'm just going to sign up for a bunch of shifts at the Bouncy House and just stay there directing kids all night long to make up for abandoning my shift and shirking my responsibility in 2019.  Damn it, I'm a team player, and everyone who knows me knows that. Also, I love my school, so don't be judging me about bailing on my Carnival shift.

Comments

kc said…
Well, this situation would have really bummed me out. The double shift in 2020 will more than make up for it.
Anonymous said…
😂😂😂😂
Good for you getting out of carnival!!
Linda

Popular Posts