The Fairy



I crochet during Morning Meeting, which keeps me calm and kind as the Thirdlanders share their relevant topics. As I've mentioned here before, we have different perspectives about relevance in Thirdland, despite our frequent discussions around the definition of this term.

 Yesterday, two Thirdlanders signed up together for relevant topics.  Their families are friends, so they hang out together quite a bit.

"The Valentine's Day Fairy is coming to our houses now.  She comes every day in February until Valentine's Day," said the first kiddo.
"Today she brought me chocolate," said the other.
"She'll bring things every day," said the first kid.

Everyone was quiet for a moment and then another Thirdlander asked, "How do you get the fairy to come to your house?"
One of the kiddos answered, "I'm not sure.  I think she just comes."

It took all my power not to scream out, "There's no Valentine's Day Fairy.  It's your parents! Please don't talk about this again."  Instead I continued crocheting and asked the next kid on the list to share their relevant topic.  I'm not sure why some families have decided it's a good idea to create a fairy for February, but I'm sure they have their reasons.  I'm hoping the VDFairy doesn't catch on. Why ruin a perfectly good month?


Comments

mm said…
Thirdland! I think you're right. This should not be something that catches on.
kc said…
I commented on this before about just exactly how stupid this idea is. And my comment disappeared.

Popular Posts