The Gate

I'm at the gate for my flight.  I'm taking a day off, which will be tomorrow.  I'm going to meet up with 20 Something in a city that's one mile high in terms of elevation.  I needed to get away from The Thirdlanders for a day.  They're really acting oddly.  In the middle of something that I find fascinating, a 3rdLander will inevitably yell out, "When's the last day of school again?"  I try not to take it personally, but it was starting to wear me down today.  I don't usually do the count down thing at school.  Some people think it's great that we have 22 days left.  To me, I think.... geez, that's a lot of days dealing with people who are acting like mental ward patients.

I think this day off will be just the ticket to get me through.  We have a lot going on still in Room 200.  We've got stories to publish.  This weekend, I'm not going to think about that.  It's all going to be fine.  20 Something says we're going to go nuts in the city that's one mile high.  I know what that looks like because I'm working in the nuthouse right now.

Comments

KC said…
I haven't started counting yet, but it's getting nutty. So, I feel you.
mm said…
I don't do the countdown thing, but spring is certainly here. Last weekend when I took a day off school, I actually ignored school for the entire weekend, and it felt amazing.

Popular Posts