The Cakes

It's carnival day.  I'm signed up for a shift at the cake walk. In all my born days, I've never won a cake at a cake walk. My older sister won cakes galore.  Every single year.  She'd wander around the Holy Rosary school carnival passing out cupcakes and slices of cakes to her pals.  Every single year. I personally thought she should bring the cakes home to share with the family, but my sister is and always has been an in the moment kind of gal. Regardless, it's always seemed strange to me that two people in the same family can have such different experiences at carnival cake walks. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did you pay the tx and try your luck this year at winning a cake?
jw
LH said…
I shirked my responsibility and left early. There were plenty of people there and I just wasn't feeling it this year. Another chance to get a cake passes me by.
mm said…
I'm not even sure what a cake walk is...
KC said…
Carnival probably wouldn't be my thing. Because I don't like fun.

Popular Posts