The Nights


It's time for vacation, but our school district wants us to work for four more days.  It's discouraging because, come to find out, I find it difficult teaching our nation's youth during the Xmas season.  Yesterday a Thirdlander smacked another kid in the face with a tissue box because he "couldn't get his attention" during an indoor recess game.  They're playing a game called Five Nights at Freddy's based on a video game.   It's all they can think about right now.  They play it at indoor recess.  We had four indoor recesses last week.

When the Thirdlander repeated, "He just wouldn't listen while I was trying to tell him something," I felt like saying, "Dude, I can't get anyone's attention right now, but I'm not getting physical about it!" Instead I just asked him to write an apology note.  From his note, I could see he felt some remorse. I guess that's all I can expect right now. Outlandish behaviors followed by tearful regrets.  That's how we're going to roll out the final days of 2016.   Ho Ho HO!

Comments

KC said…
I understand this impulse, but whacking each other with tissue boxes is just not the answer. An apology note seems appropriate. I'm sorry about the remaining four days.

That's just unthinkable.
mm said…
Although indoor recess sounds awful, it's cold out there. Since I have next week off, I volunteered to help a friend who is still teaching. When she mentioned there was going to be class presentations, I reneged my offer. It's going to be a brutal week for all peeps young and really young in the classrooms next week.
Anonymous said…
It's like the wild wild west out there, people.
jw

Popular Posts