Fall 2012 #47: The Holiday

Have I told you all how great NCTE was this year?  Hard to leave the site of crazy fun and learning, but it was also good to get back to the great stories of Artful School.  Case in point. I noticed one of my fave kinders had a big chunk of his hair oddly cut off.  I asked him, "Did you get a haircut sweetie?"
"Well, no.  I took out my gum and made a crown around my head with it and then I had to take scissors to get it off."
Obviously, that story's worth the price of admission.  Today sameKinder came to school with his head shaved.  Undaunted, he called me over in the lunchroom and held up his sandwich.  "Dr. H.  This grilled cheese is paradise!"
"I too enjoy a good grilled cheese," I told him.
I really love the kids at Artful School.  Just in case you didn't know that.

 We're coming up on a national holiday peeps.  Time for food and kinship.  Let us proceed.

Comments

Mary M. said…
I, too, love the kids at the artful school or at least their stories.
Anonymous said…
I am looking forward to some hand turkeys and running into you and the fam!
N
KC said…
Adorbz. Wish I could see the hair.
Trying to think if I noticed any significant hair cuts in kinder today... I'm just glad to know it wasn't my own!
Anonymous said…
Hair is not important to this child.
Jw

Popular Posts