Fall 2012 #44: The Transparencies


Autumn Pods



Fall.  That time of year when I stress out over the NCTE talk.  It just wouldn't be fall (would it?)  if I weren't running around breathing weirdly and breaking down in tears every once in awhile and snapping harshly at poor Husbandman.   But, let's put all that aside. True to fall form, the talk is done at last and now we can get on with autumnal fun in Las Vegas with Judith.  I'll get to see KC and Pronto as well.  BONUS!
I have my NCTE Conference catalog.  Can't wait for the plane ride, so I can peruse said catalog page by page and plan each and every session I'll attend.  I usually try to focus on one area with NCTE. Not sure if it will be technology this year, or critical literacy, or writing.  

Fall side note:  I actually walked this afternoon for about 45 minutes. I told my physician pal JR that I was trying to walk more.  Last week I walked for ten minutes.  JR was his usual kind caring self when he told me I should probably up that a wee bit, but his point came across loud and clear. 

And another fall side note:  Transparencies cost me 66$.

Comments

you're awfully close! keep doing it! i'm having a hard time focusing and haven't done too much exercise. right now i'm in a room with 3 working womyn but i'm mostly looking at your blog and filling in cryptograms.
lee said…
You have your priorities in place. This of course does not surprise me.
now i might make another snack or something like that.
LH said…
You're burning gasoline, kid. You're burning gasoline.
mm said…
I'm soooo confused. What is the purpose of the transparencies?

I wish I was going to NCTE.
LH said…
It's sad news, MM. I made transparencies because they only have overhead projectors and I didn't have a projector, but now my friend Tasha says she is bringing a projector, so I can borrow hers. But what if the technology doesn't work? I always have back up transparencies. A plan b.

Why aren't you going???

Have been loving your fall blogging.
kc said…
Now my talk is not done again. We have made some changes. I will try to finish it again. Blah Blah Blah.
What do you think will be done first- my rough draft, 5 pages to go, due at 2pm tomorrow, or your talks?
KC said…
DailyRos, your paper will definitely be done before my talk. I'm kind of bummed about that for me, but happy for you.
LH said…
What's with these talks being such hassles????

jdoc said…
I have to start work on the LRA talk today. I hope it doesn't ruin Thanksgiving. That's the nice thing about NCTE. It's all done before the holiday.

Best of luck to all!
LH said…
Update... We are here and all is good.
Anonymous said…
How did the talk go? And, I am wanting to hear how the sessions are? WHat was your focus this time? But really, the food and fun??? Get back here!
N

Popular Posts