The Sisters

We saw these Quebe Sisters at Lotus.  They are fiddling sisters with sweet voices.  I'd follow them around for awhile if I wanted to. They seemed to know what they were doing.
This week I had visual migraines.  The first one happened when I was sent in to substitute in a special ed preschool where 4 dear kids with autism hang out.  The kids are sweet and strange and I feared that one of them would bite me at any moment.  A bite is something I prefer to avoid at all cost.  Anyway, I sat on the rug blowing bubbles for them, and we were all feeling pretty chillaxed, when the visual migraine with the zigzaggy lines appeared.  What a pain. Did the children with autism give me a migraine? Hard to tell.   Then today when I was typing stupid things on my computer for 3 hours I got another visual migraine.  Zigzaggy shiny lines impeding my vision and my productivity. Lasted 30 minutes.  Had to stop using the computer.  Moved on to opening boxes. Lasted for 30 minutes.There may be a kind of pattern here.  These visual migraines seem to be happening at MY JOB!!!!!  What?  I'm going to live the rest of my life BLIND because of my working environment?  I don't think so.  Not this chump. I'll set up a tent out in the recess area.  Or I'll just work out of my car.  It's a Kia Soul.  It has me covered.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just found out yesterday that I'm having visual migraines too, Lee. Fortunately, mine don't really hurt----they're just irksome because I can't focus and can't tell when they're about to appear. If I discover a cure, I'll let you know ASAP! B&B
jdoc said…
I have an eye twitch going on. It doesn't seem to be as annoying as your visual migraines, though. So I'm keeping it all in perspective.
Anonymous said…
Lee - Have you been to a doctor?
jw
LH said…
Yes, went to an eye doctor guy and he said that I'm lucky to have the aura because I can take some advil.

He said there's nothing to really do about these migraine auras. I haven't had one this week thank goodness, but I had two last week that lasted over 30 minutes each time, in the middle of the school day.
Gives me a lot of sympathy for the visually impaired. You can't do much when you can't see. So annoying.

Popular Posts