The Blind

Today I went to a ridiculous workshop about student engagement.  The "experts" told us to have a sense of humor when teaching, to talk to kids, and to use games for instruction.  I was like, Doy.  Then we had to watch a video about the POWER OF WORDS.  It was about a blind guy trying to get money from passersby.  At the end a few people at the table were crying.  My friend LifeAsPerUsual cries pretty regularly so I said, "Come on, Life as Per!  Why are you crying about that?"
Through her tears she said, "My grandmother went blind before she died."
For some reason this made me start laughing hysterically.  And luckily Life as Per began laughing as well.  It was at this point that my boss begged me to go stand out in the parking lot until I could pull it together. I tried to pull it together and after awhile I was able to stay at the workshop with just occasional snickering.  So there you have it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love when the cracking up happens and you can't stop. I remember this happening many a time when I was in church and someone would sneeze. If it gets really bad tomorrow, step out to the parking lot, drive away, and skip the workshop!
N
kc said…
LOL. This scene reminds me of the time I had to watch an inspirational video about a photographer for National Geographic. Why do they try to inspire us?
jdoc said…
I cry easily too but also get really mad at he inspirational stuff at the same time. I know what they are up to but cry anyway. It's annoying.
Anonymous said…
As I was reading your blog, I remembered seeing the blind guy movie posted on Facebook, so when I read your friend's comment about why she was crying I burst out laughing - before you said it made you laugh. I hope she doesn't mind, but I'm still laughing.
D/
Anonymous said…
Bar and I are ROLLING....we got a good visual on this! B&B
Julie Anna said…
I was in a big meeting at work once, twenty of us around this big table. One guy fell asleep during the meeting, and this made me and another co-worker start doing that uncontrollable suppressed laughter thing until our faces were PURPLE with trying not to laugh. Tears were rolling down our faces. My boss, who was leading the meeting, got caught in our laugh trap and he couldn't pull himself together to keep the meeting going. He asked me and my coworker to join him in the hall, where we all tried to regain our professional composure enough to carry on. It was awful and funny at the same time.
Julie Anna said…
This baby hand is so cute. Have you decided to have that baby yet? Get to work on that folks, the clock is ticking! ;)

Popular Posts