The Clock

Today I got to hold this little child for about an hour or so.  I walked about with this child saying to everyone, "Ha ha! Ha ha!  He likes me the best!"  Not sure why I had to be so "in your face" about having this kid in my arms, but I just have to say I felt a strong bond with this kid.  His name's Hank so I told everyone, "His name's Hank Heffernan. He lives on High Street."  None of this was actually true but I just loved holding this little guy.  He loved being with me too.  I gave him fine care.

When the littles ran up to me to see the child, I would encourage them to tickle and twist his toes.  They were so happy to get to perform this treat. Some of them were shivering with glee.  I have about 1 month before I turn 51 and I've read that 51 is about the outer limit for having a kiddo.  May be getting pregnant within the next 4 weeks.  That could bring some shenanigans into my life.  I'm basically looking for some fireworks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That would be a great way to get out of work. Maternity leave--forever. I llike that. If you want to, you should do it!
N
Anonymous said…
Ummm. 51 is the outer limits of having a child? Only if you are superwoman.
jw
Julie Anna said…
Every time I'm around a sweet little baby, I ask husband if we can adopt a baby. He always says, "Are you insane? Snap out of it." And then quite often teen son will do something that provides complete clarity for me on this issue. But the little girl from Uganda at church makes me want to jump on the next plane to Uganda and find a baby who might need me. But if you want to have a baby, you should. Among our group of friends, we would probably be fighting over who gets to keep the baby for awhile.
Gina Marie said…
Every time I'm in a public place, I choose one kid that I'd steal if stealing a kid wasn't totally wrong. It's usually based on looks, sad to say, but also on how hilarious and cunning they are to their exhausted parents.

So, you could consider doing that as a hobby rather than the whole childbearing and raising thing.
LH said…
I think stealing a kid wouldn't be super hard to do.
My friend let me walk around with her kid for over an hour. I couldhave sneaked out easily.
But then I wonder what I would do with a kid. It could watch project runway with me.
What do you mean, I wonder what I would do with a kid?

Best wishes,
your kid.
kc said…
Our kids love to watch Project RUnway.
jdoc said…
Would you like to borrow Sam for a bit? You would give him fine care and he would love you. We would like him back though.

Also, Hank has really nice toes.

Popular Posts