The 2010 Blogging Challenge!!!!

Friends, Huddle Up.  It's time to learn more about the 2010 blogging challenge.  When KC, Judith, Jdoc and I were at NCTE, we talked about the challenge, but ideas weren't flowing in the Magical Kingdom. While we got down to the wire, waiting to board our planes, we still had very few reasonable ideas.  We thought about a "This I Believe" kind of challenge.  Then I brought up a creative "What If?" theme where we could just write about weird imaginary things every day.  Then we finally came up with the perfect plan.

We want to come together as a blogging community to explore, consume and create media.  This is pretty cool, I'm sure you agree.  We can consume new media stuff and then just blog the heck out of it. We can also experiment with some new media whenever we feel like it.   Jenkins says that people who come together around new media become a participatory culture.  I'm jazzed about this, peeps.  Let's do this thing.

Comments

KC said…
Whose ear is this?!

And YES, i love the challenge.
Bill-in-law said…
I have prepared for extensive discussions of new media by hearing a lecture by a social media consultant. Of course I am not a SME yet.

See you soon, Sis-in-Law.
Molly said…
I just consumed a piece of old media about new media. Does that count? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/technology/21brain.html We definitely need to blog about this article...oh how ironic...
Julie Anna said…
I may be out of this challenge! Even as a computer programmer, I'm just not a new media person, having not bought in, as yet, to iphone, ipad, e-reader or any of that. In fact, I find myself craving more human interaction...the oldest social media! I guess I do read stuff on the web...does that count? I feel like a fuddy-duddy, or would that be a luddi-duddy. :)
dw said…
In. Obvi.

Popular Posts