The Band


The first grade teachers were so nice today.  They gave me an IU silly band.  (Go IU!  Fight fight fight!) I was absolutely thrilled and I THANKED them profusely.  (I'm bringing back the thank you).   But here's the thing.  I walked down the hallway happily checking out my new silly band and not 10 seconds after I got the cool IU silly band as a special gift from our first grade teachers, one of our administrators told me gleefully that a note was going home, this very day, banning silly bandz!  I held up my arm to show her my new silly band and she just shook her head.  I didn't sense any compassion at all really. Geezlouise.  Sillybandz are awesome.  And everyone should have as many silly bandz as possible.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We put the kabosh on sillybandz last week and no one is complaining in my room. It helps keep them out of their mouths as that was where they were all the time!
N
Anonymous said…
What's this? Another writer in your family?

Take a pic of your cool sillyband, post it on your blog, and you will have it forever.

BTW, I'm glad you got rid of that last background you were using. It hurt my eyes.

D/
kc said…
I too love silly bandz, but some of my colleagues have mocked my interest. I made Shef take off most of his because, as N said, they were kind of distracting to him, especially when he was nervous.

Now,he's very sick and can't go to school anyway. it's so sad.

thank goodness the teachers gave u that cool band. i have an idea to give out bandz to my students for good comments.
My younger grandson Mac offered me a silly band this morning which I told him I wanted but I never got it.
Anonymous said…
I hope you did not work ALL day today, and do please take some time tomorrow to enjoy the day. Otherwise I will have to be worrying about you, and we don't want that! K and I are thinking about going to the winery tomorrow for a picnic lunch. Might you want to come?
N
Gina Marie said…
I love that you said you're bringing back the thank you.

Popular Posts