The Word

Our kind teaching assistant told me on Thursday that she wanted some advice for dealing with Kid With Many Problems (KWMP). She told me she heard him say "fuck off" to another kid.
"He said the fuck word?" I asked her. I was a little surprised because he has been fairly zoned out of late. But I got my chance to hear KWMP curse with my own ears yesterday morning when he got angry with another kid and did some screaming that I found distracting to the learning environment. I asked him politely to move away from the group to calm down. "Fuck YOU!" he shouted at me. My surprise was such that I started to laugh a little, but I managed to look down and suppress my mirth as I walked over to him and told him that he needed to go to the office. He yelled a bunch of stuff about me going to hell, but somehow he followed me out the door and ended up soon thereafter at the princiPAL's place. Later he apologized and we all continued with our learning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I broke glass today. Not a euphemism: there were some sheets of glass leftover from the previous owner (why did it take 18+ years to remove it???) that I carefully laid in a trash can and broke up into small shards to lessen the chance of injury to the trash hauler. It was fun: Throw brick into trash can and quickly cover with tarp before tiny missiles return volley; repeat.

Sorry to hear that the med titration on KWMP isn't yet complete.

-Bob
LH said…
what's going on in that yard of yours. I love webcams, btw. And it seems like there should be a place where glass goes.
just on its own.
kwmp seemed calmer today. He did a lot of drawing. Your tax dollars at work!
Anonymous said…
I think we're overdue for a manicure, Supermom. -TD
p.s. and I think your readers are overdue for a Teen Daughter update.
LH said…
Last time we got pedicures I had some toenail problems after that, so I'm feeling a bit wary about the nail care services. Let's put our heads together and figure this thing out.

Popular Posts