The Respite

Woohoo. Unexpected day off today. I spent it pleasantly---cleaning up, reading a bit, crocheting, napping. I was ready for this unexpected day off. The peeps were a bit on the wild side yesterday and they are maniacs for our 2 hamsters, Hannah and Hope. At every opportunity, they are holding those creatures. They force them to travel through their sleeves, or they simply smooch them over and over again. Kindly assistant teacher told me that she was freaked out about how much the peeps were manhandling the hamsters. "I'm really afraid they might kill one of them," she told me.
After registering her concern, I responded, "Well, I don't think they'll kill one. I mean, they probably won't. I think they're going to be okay." But even I had to slip in when I saw a peep trying to get the hamster to squeeze into some skinny plastic bag. The hamsters are probably happy about the day off as well. I'll visit them tomorrow and bring them some extra snacks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think those hamsters are going to win the prize for getting the most attention.
jw
LH said…
they really do get attention, there's no doubt about it. but i am neglecting them today, working on my nrc proposal.
hope they're still alive when i finally make it in there.
Anonymous said…
I hope they haven't multiplied when you make it in there.
jw
LH said…
I wonder which would be worse:

a.) dead hamsters
b.) Hamsters with offspring

let's face it...b
LH said…
hamsters are fine. everyone just relax.
Anonymous said…
Re the hamsters and the kids who are manhandling (hamhandling) them. I am reminded of Lennie in Of Mice and Men.
Ohhh, I hope not!
Anonymous said…
All these hamster stories remind me why my class is and will forever be, PET FREE!

Unless they want rocks.

Jeff

Popular Posts