The Love

Goodpal Menosky brought the party with her today and we all cheered up considerably after a fairly grueling week. GPM provided a veritable buffet line of treats of all varieties. There was no holding back and we all spent our time gleefully basking in the glow of the day of love. After naming her snake Menosky, one peep whispered to a pal nearby, "Professor M reminds me of my grandmother."
"Not me," replied the other. "I hate my grandmother's guts." I suggested she could be more generous with her comments about kin and then moved on to another group of kids, creating valentine's day sticker pictures.
When the party was over, we all carried our snakes to computer lab, and we sometimes couldn't help hissing them at passersby. It was pretty clear everyone in the school was extremely jealous of our snakes. Sorry, Charlies.
Kid-With-Many-Problems returned this week after a few months upriver, but his medication seems to be helping. He hasn't threatened to murder anyone at all. During the party, he looked a little shell shocked. He had his valentine's day pen and notebook hung around his neck, his valentine's day bear stuffed in his pocket, he was munching on a valentine's day cookie and of course had his snake under his arm when he told me, "This is the best freakin valentine's day party I've ever been to."
"Me too!" I exclaimed, swinging my snake over my head. Thanks GPDM.

Comments

KC said…
wow, this sounds awesome. i wasn't feeling well today, so i told my sixth hour: "i'm sick. do this." then i gestured toward the LCD screen which had some directions for a project involving finding images in magazines. one girl tore out a nyquil ad and gave it to me as a gift. that was nice.
Anonymous said…
awesome party! why wasn't I invited?
jw
Anonymous said…
I am so glad you are at your new school! Your blog is so much more uplifting.

Keep up the joyous teaching!

Jeff
LH said…
hola jb

I'm glad too. There are stories galore.
perfect for blogging.

sometimes i tell peeps the stories and they think i'm regretting my school move choice. let me assure you, such is not the case.

Popular Posts