The Misdiagnosis

I've decided to cut my zoloft dosage in half. I don't feel like explaining why. When I had "flu-like symptoms" over the weekend, I researched a possible correlation and discovered that antidepressant discontinuation syndrome does indeed include flu like symptoms. But when I got to school on Monday I learned that many people had the flu over the weekend. And now I have a sore throat and a weird chest cold. So maybe I just got sick and I can't blame the pharmaceutical companies for enslaving me. Either way, I find everything very annoying right now.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
I cut my celexa in half before stopping them. It took me a good long time, and several failed attempts, to cut it to zero. Noise sensitivity was a big issue, but there are many reported issues with going cold turkey. Better to eaaaase down, then off, if that's what you want to do. I'm glad to be done with it--the celexa and pretty much the whole set of years that led to the celexa
LH said…
I am doing the cutting in half of the blue pills right now. So that's why I thought it was weird when my stomach hurt so badly. But I'm now convinced that the tapering down is going fine and I just have some weird flu. I was so happy when one little guy who had complained of stomach ache all day made it to the toilet before puking right before his bus came. I think we're all dropping like flies at newschool. sadly, i agreed to give a short talk on saturday at a post commencement gathering at the ed school. the short talk has not been written.

Popular Posts