The Chat

After I walk on Saturday in Assembly Hall, wearing a gown and floppy hat, I will meander over to the Ed Bldg for a post commencement ceremony. I hadn't planned on going to this, but then a prof I know asked me to give a talk. I figured this will make the trip my parents and brother are making more worthwhile. More bang for the buck, iow. Now I have to write the talk though and ttytt I have low motivation. What with the sputum from my chest cold and the fatigue of working extra hard with the peeps, it's hard to gear up for speechwriting. Thus, the blogging. This may be my last dissertation distraction ever. But I could be doing this again tomorrow night and the night after that as well. You all know the drill.

Comments

LH said…
the draft is coming along.
goal: finish in 50 minutes so i can watch project runway.

can it be done?
KC said…
i can't believe how grown up quinn is looking.

just stop writing and watch runway.

that's my advice.
Anonymous said…
Project Runway has strange challenges this season.

Did anyone tape Boston Legal yesterday? I would pay top dollar for a copy. During one of the trials, a Boston school principal was absolutely eloquent when he spoke against testing and NCLB.
LH said…
yes, send it my way as well if you have it. I'll use it on Saturday.

PR was sad last night.
The Jack situation.
KC said…
Poor Jack. I felt really bad about his situation. I did read that he is now dating Dale from Top Chef, tho. And there are a lot of articles about him out there - it seems like he's getting a lot of exposure. I'm glad about that.
LH said…
i'm really glad you told me this, because i was crying during the show last night.

and when a peep at school told me that he was sad, I told him all about jack and how he had to leave pr and how i was crying about that and then the peep said, "now i feel like crying about jack."
so i can tell everyone tomorrow that jack's okay. merci.
Undomestic said…
The PR cast seems like one big happy family this year.

Good luck on your speech...what an honor!
Anonymous said…
I saw that episode of Boston Legal but I didn't tape it. The principal was awesome. I was impressed this show took this on and did such a great job revealing in a nutshell the pitfalls of NCLB.

How did the speech go, Lee???
jw
KC said…
how was the grad? how was the speech?

I'm sure you were great.
LH said…
It went well. It was fun to get the hood from Mitzker. And we both cried a little about that. then we went over to the Ed School and I gave a little chat about theimportance of integrating research and teaching. Everyone was really amazed by that important statement. Then I went home and took a 3 hour nap. Now I'm ready to start again. Get this party started. I'm thinking of taking some spanish classes.

Popular Posts