The News

I might be on the news tomorrow (Wednesday) on CBS. My kiddos are part of a story they're doing about fundraising pioneer and pal JB who invented freerice. The newspeople came 2 hours before they said they would come and decided they didn't want to film in the computer lab, but in my classroom, so I had to invent a lesson plan on the spot. It wasn't a great one, so I hope they just jump to the kiddos at the computers in the back of the room. The kiddos were very excited and even kept it together for most of the filming, which was long. Only one child had to deal with me whispering in his ear, "Get out. Get out now." The rest were wonderful. The day went downhill from there, but at least we had those amazing moments.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i have now become addicted to freerice. the sophs will be using it starting next week, if i get off of jury duty by then.
Anonymous said…
Morning news or evening news??
Anonymous said…
I'll look for you on the tellie tonight! This is exciting!
LH said…
got an email that it's postponed til the 21st.
Kids didn't get to hear that before they left for home, so they're going to be ticked off.
Julie Anna said…
Awesome, possum. I'll try to remember to watch. I've turned on about thirty more people to free rice, and we are all banging away on that vocab list.
Anonymous said…
I too have become addicted to freerice. I had to institute limits; I stop after 3 misses. Otherwise I would never stop.

mary
Anonymous said…
What a great spot on the news! We recorded you! Pretty neat...
N
LH said…
Hey dolls,
NY rocks. But I did get a cold.
wah.
our session went really well.
Now the real fun can begin.
latergators!
l

Popular Posts