The Absentees

Everyone told me that newschool had a problem with attendance, but my peeps have been showing up everyday like clockwork. Until the past few weeks. Today I had 6 absentees. So that means I was teaching 14 kids. That just feels odd. I feel guilty not doing amazing things with this small group, but there's still a plethora of kicking, yelling out, throwing objects and growling. And roaring. Some of the growling and roaring I'm doing. But not all of it. Still, the last two days have had some fun to them and maybe we're turning a corner. Or just thinking about approaching the corner sometime in future. I hope my Austin trip doesn't set us too far back. When I return, I'm going to try to act a little kinder.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, that last hand turkey design
is amazing. I'd definitely say it's
the best of the lot. Hats off to whoever created it.
LH said…
Yes, anon, it is a truly amazing turkey, created by Husbandman, who's incredibly artistic and crafty as well. you should meet him.

Popular Posts