The Election


Because of recent school shootings around the nation, our schools are now closed on election days. So I used the day not only to vote once again for our democrat mayor, but to visit the bursar's office to pay for microfilming, sit at the computer to figure out how to convert the diss to a pdf file, head over to graduate studies office to submit acceptance papers and abstracts, and spent some time ordering cap and gown and hood. The day off was a windfall. The woman at grad. studies asked me if I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I told her I was not yet ready to make that claim. They still have to check over my electronically submitted diss for pagination and margin errors. I'm heading back into the school site. Newboss evaluated me on Monday and the peeps were poorly behaved as I was being observed. I looked like an amateur. I'm not happy with them, but the day off has helped me to cool off. Bottom line...more days off. They're good for all concerned.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a very nice foto of you. I am so happy to see it.
jdoc said…
Me too. I'm so, so proud of you, lh.
Undomestic said…
Yeah! A picture of you...and happy you should be!!!!
Anonymous said…
What's the deal with Chicago in the spring?

bob & mary
LH said…
exactly, what is the deal with that? when's spring break? I need that vital info, but there's always weekends as well.

i'm at work, not working at all.

p.s. we bought a neat giftie for mary recently, but we never sent it out. bob, you're on the backburner at this point. but don't be woeful.
Anonymous said…
Feeling the same way on the giftie scene.

Got'em for Lee & Number One Son. (I know it's not his birthday at this time of year, but I so often miss it because it's out there, lonely, in the spring....)

Still pondering Teen Daughter and the Pete Man, but some ideas have come up lately...

As for Chicago, we love the place and will need minimal prompting.

mary
LH said…
hey, one question, what's that cool place in greenwich village where you had dinner with judy and philip?

Popular Posts