The Note


Driving in to the compound yesterday, I felt great anticipation. I knew the note from the substitute teacher waited for me on my desk. I had discussed with the sixer/cinco crew my vision for the sub note. I told them how I dreamed of a note that praised their courtesy and their work ethic. A sixer told me with confidence, "We can arrange that." I was not sure what he meant, but I just let it drop.
Reading the note with trembling hands, I was charged up to read the beginning paragraph which included a plethora of compliments about los alumnos. As I read on though, the note detailed myriad transgressions and named names of the usual suspects through each of the four periods, over two days. Something's not right here, I thought. It occurred to me that some type of arrangement had actually taken place. I guess I'll never know. Cutting my losses, I put the note away and moved on down the day.

Comments

KC said…
Sounds like the kiddos won over your sub. But what about your talk??
Anonymous said…
The cookies rock!!!
jw
LH said…
kc...the talk went well. I was really relieved when it was all over. i got some good feedback, and i fit everything in before my 30 minutes was up, so ...yay.

ms. jw. this year, we've decided to make cookie hand turkeys as opposed to paper hand turkeys. As part of our thanksgiving tradition. i'm going to turn it into a top chef quick fire challenge.
Anonymous said…
I'd be happy to taste test...all you have to do is ask.
jw
KC said…
oh my gosh -- i didn't know you guys were watching top chef.

we are too!! it's just as good as PR, i think -- what do you think of padma?? dan is so happy katie joel is gone, he can hardly stand it.

Popular Posts