The Spirit


 We had Spirit Week at school.  

Monday:  Mismatched Socks.  Tuesday:  Crazy Hair.  Wednesday: School Colors.  Thursday: Hat Day.  Friday:  Pajama Day.

To be honest, Spirit Week wasn't much fun for me.  In fact on Friday afternoon I wrote to #30Something, "Have you ever felt like smashing your head with a brick?"

There's only so much hubbub, chitterchatter, and boisterous elan a person of right mind can take.  5 days straight was tough stuff.  

This weekend, I'm trying to reset.  We drove to the fairgrounds for the FARMTOY sale.  This is the first annual FarmToy Sale we've had in Monroe County.  I eavesdropped on people making comments like, "My daddy used to send me out to work on the L35 and the darn thing would not start.  Could not get it to start..."  and "...had a 4M for years." The old metal tractor toys tempted us, but I ended up with a milk delivery truck and Husbandman nabbed a police car.  We are aware that the police car is not a farm toy per se.  

In the evening we sauntered on over to Comedy Attic to see Sarah Sherman. The crowd loved her, but she reminded me too much of Sprit Week and if a brick had been handy, I would have been a goner. 

Enjoying a quiet morning on High Street.  Way to go, Sunday




Comments

Popular Posts