SPRINGBREAK2024Day4




 Jardin Des Plantes has displays about the history of cultivated plants in France going back to the BC's.  So now I want to be a plant archaeologist.  

While sitting in Eglise St. Nicolas I got a text from a friend whose Dad just died.  I lit a candle for her and for him, but I didn't have any euros, so I squeezed a folded up dollar bill into the donation box.  I don't think anyone will get in a huff about that

Sat in a cafe yesterday afternoon to get out of the rain.  Wrote in notebook.  Drank coffee. Looked out the window.  An American family sat nearby.  Mom, Dad, 2 young boys.  There are a lot of Americans here right now, and we seem to be behaving ourselves.  The 2 young boys were on the loud side, but they're kids.  Give them a break.  One of them kept saying, "It's Opposite Day" to everything his brother said.  That whole Opposite Day thing got irksome, but I loved his improv insult to his bother, "You have a fat pudgy face.  You have a punching bag face."  Well done, American kid.

Ate at La Coupole last night.  Creative spirits of the 1920s art world float about in there. I think we might have been sitting near a Chagall column but can't track down any confirmation.  If I had extra time, I'd do some research and make a helpful map matching columns to artists. 

More Americans near us at dinner, but I'm not mad at that. Americans clearly know that Paris is a good place to be, so kudos to U.S.


Comments

cb said…
Bonjour, Madame. This post has a lovely arc. Your photos are making me swoon. Merci!
Mitzi Lewison said…
Sitting in a cafe, writing in your notebook--in Paris. It doesn't get much better!
LH said…
Bonjour Mesdames!

I'm having a ton o' fun following in the tradition of the flaneur.

Popular Posts