SPRINGBREAK2024day5








 Rainy day Tuesday.  With umbrellas aloft, we headed to Pere Lachaise Cemetery. We first looked for the grave of Balzac.  Took awhile, but we eventually tracked him down.  In addition to being a great writer, he drank over 50 cups of coffee each day.  Then we searched for the mathematician, Gaspard Monge.  After a spell, we gave up and began walking back.  Minutes later, I glanced up to the left and there above me was the miraculous tomb of famed geometer Gaspard Monge! I was elated because I detest mission failures. We ended next to Jim Morrison, who has the only grave surrounded by police barriers. The plethora of fresh flowers and knickknacks atop Jim's body shows these to be mostly ignored. People love him madly. 

We both agreed Pere Lachaise has a lot to offer on a rainy day in Paris. 

Comments

cb said…
It's cool that the two of you were searching for a writer and a mathematician. A fitting quest. And I know I'm repeating myself, Madame, but your photos are exquisite.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Magnificent photos! Love that you found Balzac and the math guy I never heard of. A perfect rainy day outing in wonderful Paris!
Eve Sternberg said…
Merveilleuse! (Sp???)
LH said…
Bonjour Mesdames.

Merci a tous d'avoir lu le blog.

Popular Posts