The Re-entry

Friends,

We're back in 3rdLand.  24 Kiddos, the standard amount, and yet, 24 feels like a teeming mass at this point in time.   I'm feeling like Fred Flintstone in his pre-historic car.  Legs moving frenetically.  Car standing stock still.  

I have been trying to write here and there, to no avail.  

2 weeks ago I started this snippet of a blog entry...

 There's a new exhibit at our History Center called Breaking the News.  It's about the history of our local papers.  It's a fine exhibit.  I was surprised to see a copy of our first newspaper, The Gazette from 1824.  We had about 500 people in Bloomington back then and we had a newspaper?  My sense of newspaper history is faulty, I have to just admit that right here and now.  Learn more at the MCHC if you feel like it.

Then, one week ago I started research to accompany this photo of tussock moth caterpillars. The research was fascinating but never resulted in a post.



As you can see, my writer identity has suffered because of my teacher job.  I don't know the 3rdLanders well yet, but they seem like a pretty good group.  Maybe I'll climb out of this handbasket of hell sooner rather than later. Please hang in there, both of you dear Readers.  I'll be back.  

Comments

cb said…
Both writers and readers can get lost in the undertow.

Thank you for this post. Your writerly voice is always a treat.

Those 24 thirdlanders are very lucky.
KC said…
We all understand how it's basically impossible to write and teach at the same time. It's so frickin hard,a nd yet, here you did it.

Popular Posts