The Capital Catch Up


 I've been meaning to blog for the past 5 days, but a squirrel chewed through a wire that gave us our internets. VARMINT!

 Let's play a little catch up, SHALL WE?

Did you know that I went to the IU Writer's Conference?  I signed up for the afternoon classes. 4 days of learning about writing with a bunch of other people.  Good fun.  One of the authors had us write fake post cards from/to imaginary characters and send them off to people we know.  He sent over one thousand of these a few years ago. ONE THOUSAND! 

Did I tell you that we spent a few days down in New Orleans?  Just got home.  #1 Son and RS are moving to Asheville so this was a kind of last hurrah. Those little sweeties also got engaged and will, at some point in the future, get married to each other. We're now a FAMILY OF SIX!  

Speaking of marriage, today is our 37th wedding anniversary.  We've been good pals for 44 years which is kind of neat. This marriage has worked out well so far.  37 MORE YEARS!

On the bad side, I accidentally killed most of the plants in my garden by spraying a vinegar concoction on them because I read it would keep deer away. I read this on Better Homes and Gardens website, so I'm now boycotting Better Homes and Gardens.  THEY ARE IDIOTS!

Tomorrow is the official start of summer, so I'm not technically on "summer break" just yet, but I'm having a great time in this period of unemployment. Happy Solstice.  


Comments

cb said…
This catch up is top notch. 1000 postcards?! Wow. Also, Better Homes & Gardens had no business telling you that.
KC said…
Asheville! I've heard it's really cool there!

And also, 1000?!?!
cb said…
That fake postcard project is brilliant. Everyone should do it . . .
LH said…
I AGREE with you, cb. I love the idea of these little stories floating around.
I've sent 8 at this point. They make me laugh.

Popular Posts