Le Gosier

 

Last day of school ended with me crying through all the good bye hugs.  This gig is emotional, spending all day with dozens of 3rdLanders for months on end, dealing with their individual and collective ups and downs while teaching them stuff. After the tears, I headed home and collapsed like an out of tune accordion. 

Yesterday started with a Target run to buy a new suitcase.  Packed it up and then caught a flight to Miami.  Stayed overnight at an airport hotel which was one of the worst hotels on the planet. Do not stay there.  This morning we hopped a flight to Pointe-a-Pietre in Guadaloupe.  I finished a book during our flights.  Quick page turner- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.  65 weeks on the NYT best seller list, so that's nothing to sneeze at.  I've heard that the mini-series based on the book isn't great.  I like the title of one of Laura Dave's other books: Eight Hundred Grapes. So curious.

We made it to our hotel this afternoon, which is in Le Gosier.  Full disclosure:  We're here because Husbandman's attending a math conference. The hotel is a simple, pleasant place with beautiful views.  Highlights of our day: walking on the beach, swimming in the ocean and in the pool, sitting in beach chairs watching pelicans. 

Get ready for fun times over here at alittleleeway. School's out.

Comments

cb said…
Being a mathematician is a good gig.

Your description of the last day of school makes me want to give you a hug.
marion said…
Enjoy your tropical paradise! Wish I could have snuck into your suitcase!
Mitzi Lewison said…
Great place for a conference!!
KC said…
Can I tell you a secret: I did not like that book at all.

Popular Posts