The Tar and the Tarot


 We drove to Indianapolis yesterday.  Shopped around.  Saw TAR with Cate Blanchette. Quite good.  Drove over to Eagle Creek Park and watched the sunset over the wetlands.  Today we had one goal, which was to somehow procure pie.  Husbandman got the job done and brought home a couple of slices of delicious banana cream.  This afternoon, we read books, ate pie, drank tea. In short, a fine weekend.  

Today I drew the CHARIOT card from my tarot deck. The card was upside down, or in tarot terms, reversed.  When this card is reversed, it's hinting that I might be stuck, or stagnant, and I'm not going to lie, 3rdLand has been kind of a tough gig of late. Of course, having covid and four subs didn't help matters. To get my chariot moving, I'm bringing out my old tried and true plan this week, to do my best and forget the rest. 

 I take the tarot seriously (as of 2 weeks ago) and I'm reading a fine book that's guiding me on my intuitive tarot journey. By 2024, I'll be able to give you a tarot reading if you feel like having one.  

ps.  I was quite moved by Brendan Frasier's acceptance speech at the Critics Choice Awards.  If we're feeling we're in a dark sea, Brendan encouraged us to just get to our feet and start moving toward the light.  If we do, good things will happen.  Big thanks to Brendan, charioteer extraordinaire.  He was very kind to think of others when he was receiving an important award for his work.  

Comments

cb said…
I enjoyed this post. Lots of memorable images. Indy sunset, pie and moving toward the light.

It would be great to get a tarot reading from you. I can wait.
Mitzi Lewison said…
All in all a great day--love the pie, tea, and reading.
Joy Heffernan said…
Can you speed it up on the Tarot thingie and be ready next month? No pressure. LOL!

Pie is most likely my favorite dessert and finding a decent slice isn't as easy as it should be in this country. Something should be done about this.

Oh, we do have plenty of Key Lime available so let's plan on having some together.
Julie said…
Thanks for that, Brendan. I need that push to get back on my feet lately. Not seeing the good so much...working on that.

Popular Posts